Thursday, November 20, 2008

Craving for WEIRD TASTE?

Beneath is a list of some weird food combinations I have triumphantly tried out.

1. Boiled bananas dipped in anchovy sauce;

2. Green mangoes soaked in sugar and soy sauce;

3. Peanut butter or condensed milk on a ripe lakatan (a variety of banana);

4. Lakatan slotted in with barbecue-flavored chips;

5. Lakatan or tundan (another variety of banana) dipped in good old tomato ketchup;

6. Cooked rice sprinkled with freshly grated coconut meat and Milo or white sugar;

7. Fish paksiw-flavored eggplant sandwich; and

8. Sugar-coated fried banana along with sautéed corned beef.

Which do you think is the weirdest? Which one have you already tasted? Which one has earned your preference? I want to know...

1 comment:

  1. re: SUGAR-COATED FRIED BANANA WITH CORNED BEEF (my favorite! YUMMY!!!)

    I think the garlic, meaty and salty flavor of the sautéed corned beef jazzes up the predictable sweetness of the caramelized sugar and the tartness of the fried banana. You have to try this for yourselves to experience how a host of distinct tastes transforms into a savory chorus in your palate.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Hi! I am known by many names. I have however, at last decided on calling myself in here as "Hooked" (after changing my aliases so many times already). I am a mom living in General Santos City, Philippines with my husband and daughter. I have created (and re-created) this blog to fully substantiate my existence in the world wide web.